The SEE Suite Graduate Student Affiliates
Call for Proposals
The SEE Suite Graduate Affiliation program supports Grady Graduate who conduct social-media related research. Apply to become an affiliate and if selected, the SEE Suite will provide you with access to social media data, training and travel support.
Who is eligible?
Any Grady Ph.D. student or a Grady M.A. student (thesis programs only).
If your proposal is selected, you will become a SEE Suite Affiliate, and we will provide you with:
(1) The social media data that you need for your research. We provide access to Crimson Hexagon, which allows you to collect current and historical social media data from Twitter, Blogs, Tumblr, Reddit, Facebook and more. Data access will be provided starting Spring semester, for the duration of the Spring and Summer semesters.
(2) Data collection training.
(3) A $500 travel grant, if you complete a paper and have it presented in a national conference (e.g., AAA, AEJMC, ICA).
What do I need to apply?
- A 5-page research proposal that includes an overview of your research and research questions/hypotheses. Also include the type of social media data (social media spaces, date range, etc.). Be specific regarding the data that you need.
- A short letter of support from a Grady faculty.
How to apply?
Use this link to apply: https://goo.gl/forms/1J0ceHdTZHcpZ3Bl1
Submit your application by January 15, 2019. Proposals will be reviewed by a committee of Grady faculty. The two winners will be notified by February 1, 2019.