Skip to main content

#Inauguration – Sentiment on Twitter reflects public opinion

By January 20, 2017SEE Suite Updates

In conducting an emotion analysis of the social media discussion in the United States about the inauguration, an interesting parallel with a recent poll occurred:


Of the posts that could be analyzed for emotion, 39% of them expressed Joy, where the remaining 61% of posts expressed either Sadness, Disgust, Anger, Surprise, or Fear. These numbers actually parallel closely with an ABC/Washington Post poll conducted earlier this week, which found only 40% of Americans approved of Trump, corresponding with the emotion analysis of social media conversation.

Itai Himelboim

Author Itai Himelboim

More posts by Itai Himelboim